Monday, January 11, 2010

Twenty-Clove Chicken

The idea of Chicken flavored with 20 cloves was incredibly appealing to me! Then, then a pealing began! Twenty cloves later -- no vampire dared come near me! Add to that zesting and juicing a lemon, and I'm sure I was a fragrant mess! We won't even discuss how I forgot to turn the Crock Pot on and left my yummy Rosemary Chicken leftovers in the fridge -- Thank goodness my husband went to work late and could save me! I was surprised to find when I got home how sweet smelling the house was. I'm assuming this was from the wine?

Twenty-Clove Chicken
From Fix It And Forget it Lightly
Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup dry white wine
  • 2 tbsp. chopped dried parsley
  • 2 tsp. dried basil leaves
  • 1 tsp. dried oregano
  • pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
  • 20 cloves of garlic
  • 4 celery ribs, chopped
  • 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (Mine were big so I did 4)
  • 1 lemon, juice and zest
Procedure
  • Combine wine, dried parsley, dried basil, dried oregano, and dried red peppers in large bowl.
  • Add garlic cloves and celery. Coat well.
  • Transfer garlic and celery to slow cooker with slotted spoon.
  • Add chicken to herb mixture. Coat well. Place chicken on top of vegetables in slow cooker.
  • Sprinkle lemon juice and zest in slow cooker. Add any remaining herb mixture.
  • Cover cook on low 5-6 hours (longer if frozen) or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
I served with couscous and mixed vegetables. Dessert was a delicious fat-free chocolate pudding from Aldi.

No comments:

Post a Comment