Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Crock Pot Salsa Chicken

The blog A Year of Slow Cooking
is an excellent resource for Slow Cooking. The author of this blog has pulled together many easy, healthy and delicious meals -- all in the crock pot! This recipe is especially easy and great for a busy day. I put everything in the Crock Pot while dinner was cooking last night. Preparation takes under five minutes. The original recipe is here: Crock Pot Salsa Chicken. Here is what I did...

Crock Pot Salsa Chicken

Ingredients:

  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 can rinsed black beans
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 1 can whole kernel corn
Procedure:

Place the chicken in the crock pot and cover with the remaining ingredients. Cook on low in Crock Pot for 6-9 hours. I like to give it all a good stir when I get home from work.

Serve over Brown Rice. Hint: I use boil in the bag rice. It is a much quicker way to get this healthier option.

No comments:

Post a Comment