Sunday, January 10, 2010

Chicken Breasts with Rosemary

My friend also has the Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly cookbook and has been raving about the Chicken Breasts with Rosemary recipe (pg. 11). I checked out the recipe this morning and was excited to learn that we had all of the required ingredients (well kinda) in the house. The recipe calls for dry white wine or chicken broth. My friend used the wine and I used the broth. One would think that this would create two different tastes. Also, the recipe called for 4 chicken breast halves and the package I had in the freezer had 5 pretty big ones, so I doubled the liquids. Here's my version...

Chicken Breasts with Rosemary
Ingredients
  • 5 large boneless, skinless chicken breast pieces
  • 3 tsp. balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tsp. minced garlic
  • 2 tsp. lemon juice (original called for lemon rind, which I did not have)
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. black pepper
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1 tsp dried, crumbled rosemary leaves
  • 1 cup fresh tomato, diced
Procedure
  • Place chicken breasts in slow cooker
  • Mix vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper and broth. Pour over chicken.
  • Cover and cook on low 6 hours (longer if frozen which mine were)
  • One-half hour before serving, stir in rosemary and tomato.
Serves 4 or 5. I served with garlic and olive oil couscous and mixed vegetables.

2 comments: