Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Beef Stir Fry

I was originally going to make a Beef and Asparagus Stir Fry from a Weight Watchers 5 ingredient, 15 minute cookbook I have. However, I could not find any fresh asparagus and decided to improvise instead. It was well worth the three, yes THREE, bowls I knocked out of the cabinet and broke getting out the dinner plates.

Beef Stir Fry
Ingredients
  • 1 lb.(ish) Beef round stew meat (I bought this because Big Y was having a meat sale and because I wouldn't have to cut it up. Stew meat can be tough, but in the stir fry it was great.)
  • 2 (ish) tsp. minced garlic
  • 1 bag microwave in the bag mixed vegetables
  • 1 large can sliced mushrooms
  • 1 cup low sodium teriyaki sauce
  • Roasted sesame seeds
  • Boil in the bag brown rice
Procedure

  • Heat a wok or large skillet coated in cooking spray. Brown the beef (3-4 minutes)
  • Meanwhile...microwave the vegetables.
  • When beef is done, stir in garlic, teriyaki sauce and mushrooms until coated.
  • Stir in mixed vegetables.
  • Cook until heated.
  • Server over brown rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds to add that classy touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment