Saturday, January 2, 2010

Creamy Crock-Pot Chicken

Today is a snowy, lazy day. I desperately need to grocery shop, but wanted to make something with few ingredients that could sit in the crock pot most of the day. I also wanted my husband to be able to stop quickly at the store so I wouldn't have to go out in the snow myself! I Googled "Easy Crock Pot Chicken" and came up with this. I adapted it based on what we had and the fact that I'm not big on measuring.

This also gives me the chance to sing the praises of Aldi. You cannot beat the quality for the prices offered at Aldi. I love the "Fit and Active" line of healthier options. We stock up on Fit and Active Cream of Mushroom, Cream of Chicken and Cream of Celery soup for days like this! They are delicious, convert meat into a meal in minutes, and less than $1 a can! They also have large bags of boneless, skinless frozen chicken breast for about $5 -- I wish we had some of that left in our vacant freezer!

Creamy Chicken
Adapted from www.betterrecipes.com

Ingredients:

  • 4-5 frozen chicken breasts
  • 1 small can cream of chicken soup (Fit & Active)
  • 1 small can cream of mushroom soup (Fit & Active)
  • 2 handfuls of baby carrots
  • 1-2 tsp seasoned salt (I used cajun seasoning)
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 tsp (or so) minced garlic

Directions:

Place frozen chicken breasts in bottom of crock pot add both cans of soup over chicken. Add carrots, seasoned salt, onion, garlic and milk over top. Cook on low for about 5-6 hours.

Serve over brown rice

Number of Servings: 4

Edit: My husband "forgot" to pick up brown rice. We had a box of Spanish Rice from Aldi. About an hour before eating, I mixed in both the rice and seasoning packet. I served the chicken with a dollop of sour cream.


1 comment:

  1. I love love love my crock pot. I have a book on easy slow cooker recipies, let me know if you want me to send you some easy ones!

    ReplyDelete