Monday, January 4, 2010

Spicy Chicken Soup

Tonight's dinner was quick, easy and delicious! This was much welcome after returning to school after winter break. In addition to the stock and chicken left from yesterday, I added:
  • 1 can fat free chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup diced onions
  • 1 small bag of mixed veggies
  • 1 box whole wheat pasta
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 chicken flavored bouillon cubes
I transferred the stock and chicken to a soup pot on the stove. I added in the other ingredients and heated to boiling. (Check the pasta for doneness). Bonus: While the soup was heating, I prepared tomorrow nights dinner (Salsa Chicken) in the Crock Pot, after I washed it of course, and there is plenty left for lunch tomorrow!

Enjoy chicken noodle soup with a spicy kick! (Watch out for bones!)

No comments:

Post a Comment