Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Crock Pot Broccoli Beef

First of all, I must say this recipe is the first one that made me feel like a "real cook," because I had all of the spices, oils, etc. in my cabinet. My staples are starting to be adequate! As for the finished product, I wouldn't cook it as long next time and I would make sure its just a pound of meat -- I put in a bit more and bits weren't covered by the liquid. Otherwise its quite tastey with a bit of a "bite".

Crock Pot Beef and Broccoli
From: A Year of Slow Cooking
  • 1 lb thin beef (in thin strips -- I used stew meat)
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 T white wine
  • 2 T apple cider vinegar
  • 1 T brown sugar
  • 2 t sesame oil
  • 2 cloves smashed and chopped garlic
  • 1/2 t crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1 bag thawed broccoli florets (to add later)


The Directions.

  • add the liquid to the crockpot
  • chop up your garlic, add to mixture
  • stir in spices
  • mix it all together
  • cook on low for 6-8 hours, depending on the cut of meat. Thicker pieces will take longer to tenderize.--an hour before serving, add entire bag of broccoli, cover and cook on high for another hour or so. Stir to coat broccoli.
  • Serve over brown rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment