Monday, January 11, 2010

Pepsi Pot Roast

Oh my. All I can say is 'oh my." I've always been curious about those dishes made with soda or beer, but this truly was the best Crock Pot I've ever made! The meat was so moist and flavorful. I used the liquid to make a gravy with flour and water and it needed no additional seasonings. I used Wal Mart brand diet cola and the dish was incredible.

Pepsi Pot Roast
From Fix it and Forget it Lightly
Ingredients
  • 3 lb. pot roast
  • 2 10.5 oz cans cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
  • 4 cups of diet soda
Procedure
  • Place meat in slow cooker
  • In large bowl mix together mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix, and soda. Pour over roast in cooker.
  • Cover. Cook on low 12 hours. (Recipe says 6 hours on high, but this worked perfectly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment