Sunday, January 24, 2010

Crock Pot Corn Chowder

I had this recipe planned for one of those days where my husband and I were merely ships passing in the night. We got home hours apart and both had several commitments. I prepared the Crock Pot and he stirred in the dairy when he got home, leaving the Crock Pot on low for me. We did not puree the chowder as directed, so it was more of a chunky soup.

Slow Cooker Corn Chowder
From: About.com

Ingredients:

  • 2 cans (16 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
  • 2 to 3 medium potatoes, chopped
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • pepper to taste
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 2 cups whole milk or half-and-half
  • 1/4 cup butter or margarine

Preparation:

Combine first 6 ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours. Puree in a blender or food processor, if desired, then return to pot. Stir in milk and butter; cover and cook on HIGH about 30 to 60 minutes longer.

1 comment:

  1. I love my slow cooker too! I am posting my healthy slow cooker recipes on my blog http://healthyslowcooking.wordpress.com. You might fine some that interest you.

    ReplyDelete