Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ground Turkey Potato Dinner

Tonight's dinner was the picture of "comfort food." On a snowy day when I have a cold, this is just what I needed. I also got to use a couple of fun kitchen gadgets and that is always fun! I used this neat new-to-me handy dandy potato peeler a coworker gave me upon hearing I hate to peel potatoes and avoid making anything that requires peeled potatoes. Also, I used a crinkle cutter -- which makes dinner more exciting!

Ground Turkey Potato Dinner
From Fix It And Forget It Lightly

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. ground turkey
  • 5 cups raw potatoes, sliced
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • dash of black pepper
  • 14 1/2 oz. can green beans, undrained
  • 4 oz. can mushroom pieces, undrained
  • 10 3/4 oz. cream of chicken soup
Procedure:
  • Crumble uncooked ground turkey in slow cooker.
  • Add potatoes, onions, salt and pepper.
  • Add beans and mushrooms. Pour soup over top.
  • Cover. Cook on high 4 hours or low 6-8 hours.
  • I stirred it all together about 2 hours before serving.
  • Then whine in bed and have your husband serve you because you have a cold-- that makes it taste awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment