Monday, February 1, 2010

Crockpot Chicken Stroganoff

I don't know if this really qualifies for my blog, since technically my husband did most of the preparation because I've been under the weather. That said, I did find the recipe, make the shopping list and wrote down the directions for my husband. Then, when he realized he'd bought Cream of Mushroom in stead of Cream of Chicken soup -- I let him know that would be okay!

To give myself some credit, I did stir the meal when I got home and added in the pasta!

I found this recipe by searching "Weight Watchers Crock Pot Recipes," because I'm contimplating starting WW again and would want to make sure my Crock Pot addiction could continue. I found this site http://hubpages.com/hub/Weight_Watchers_Crockpot_Recipes with several recipes. This dish comes in at about 4 points a serving before adding pasta (that was all me).

CrockPot Chicken Strogranoff

Ingredients

  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken
  • 1 container (16 oz) fat free sour cream
  • 1 packet powdered onion soup mix
  • 1 can fat free cream of chicken soup (or cream of mushroom if that is what your husband buys)
  • 1 small can mushrooms

Instructions

  • Add all ingredients to crock pot. Cook on low for 6 hours.
  • About an hour before serving, stir in a bag of egg noodles and about 2 cups of water to cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment