Sunday, March 6, 2011

Getting Back To It...

Around the time this blog came to a screeching halt...I found myself pregnant with an aversion to raw food and cooking! Well, she's here (February 3rd) and I'm ready to start cooking again. My objective is to have relatively easy, low-cost and low-calorie meals. My husband is a type 1 Diabetic and getting a pump soon, meaning we need to be extra careful with our carb counts.

I'm also madly in love with shopping at our new store, Price Rite. The entire shopping list for this week's dinners and also lunches and breakfasts came to less than $80!

Here is the plan for this week:


Monday – Chicken Stir Fry w/salad
Tuesday – Turkey Chili w/rolls and salad
Wednesday –Pasta with pesto and chicken w/salad
Thursday – Marinated Pork roast w/potatoes and carrots
Friday – Pork chops w/cous cous and broccoli w/salad
Saturday –Ham steak w/pineapple, rice and veggie w/salad

No comments:

Post a Comment