Saturday, July 31, 2010

Baked Stuffed Zucchini

I've been cooking quite a bit with Zucchini recently. I've made Zucchini bread, stir-fry, pancakes, battered and fried, grilled and I'm sure I'm forgetting something. This idea was given to me by a friend and came out quite delicious.

Ingredients:

  • I used this one zucchini, under normal circumstances it probably about four.









  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 4 servings brown rice ( cooked according to package directions)
  • Seasonings to taste
  • 1 jar tomato sauce
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella
Procedure:
  • Brown the beef and add your choice of seasonings. I used onion powder on it all and added fresh peppers to some of the beef. (I hate peppers, but my husband likes them.)
  • Mix the browned beef and rice.
  • Cut Zucchini lengthwise and hollow out the seeded portion with an ice scream scoop.
  • Fill with beef mixture







  • Place filled Zucchini in a glass baking dish.
  • Cover with Tomato Sauce and sprinkle cheese over entire dish
  • Bake at 350 for an hour covered. Uncover and cook 15 minutes more.
  • Check Your Zucchini frequently for tenderness as thickness may vary.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you blogging again, Maria! I have to try a stuffed zucchini soon. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loling at your zucchini picture! I had an experience like that once - accidentally grew a zucchini as big as my dog.
    Looking forward to checking out your blog even more.

    http://brannyboilsover.com/2009/08/02/when-life-hands-you-vegetables-as-big-as-your-dog/

    ReplyDelete